Thursday, May 21, 2009

Interview

1) What is your full name?
Carol Ma
2) Where are you from?
Born in Edison, New Jersey
Raised on Lower Est side, NY and State Island
3) Where did you go to college? for how long? do you plan to go back to school?
Stony brook University B.S. biology+ pace university M.S. teaching
4) What was your major in college and what kind of degree did you earn?
Biology- Bachelor of science/ Master of teaching
5) Why did you choose your professional field?
I just applied!!
6) What got you involved in this field of work?
I like to teach and I like biology
7)Why did you choose this particular job at this particular company?
I liked the school and Mr. Michel
8)How long have you worked here?
2 years
9)What is your job tittle?
Living Environment teacher
10) What do your duties include?
Teaching 9 and 10 graders being creative going on field trips
11)What are some challenges you have faced working here?
I only speak English and Chinese- its hard to communicate with some students.
12)What is the best part of your job?
Helping students learn biology
13)What is something you would like to change about your job?
I wish I was less busy!
14)Did you work somewhere else before this job?
This was my first professional job before this I worked at a psychiatric clinic as a secretary it was interesting to meet the patients.
15)What do you see as your future with this company?
I plan to teach for a long time
16)Do you enjoy the kind of work you do?
Yes because I enjoy working with students
17)Do you plan to open your inw business one day?
maybe
18)How has giving an intern helped your company advance or progress?
You guys have helped me so much! what would I do with out you
19) What advice would you give to high school aged interns getting ready for college?
Be open minded about what you want to study
20)What advice would you give to high school-aged interns preparing to find a career in the real word?
Be focused and ambitions go for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment